English Language Learners (ELL)
Title III of the Every Student Succeeds Act provides language instruction for English learners and immigrant children. The purpose of Title III, Part A is to help the English learners attain English proficiency and develop high levels of academic achievement. In doing this, teachers, principals, and school leaders are given assistance and professional development to help strengthen their instructional programs in teaching English to second language learners.
Innovations provides a systematic instructional model of instruction for English Language Learners using as inclusive model of instruction. This model focuses on the need to teach children to read, write, listen, and speak with proficiency.
What our ell department can do:
- Assess students using WAPT/WIDA to determine levels of English proficiency
- Provide high-quality instruction to students identified as second language learners to assist with academic achievement
- Provide learning support and accommodations for students with grade level and content level teachers
- Receive training and support from district leaders to help provide more effective content instruction in a classroom setting
- Communicate progress and testing results with our families
- Provide interpreters for parent conferences and other meetings to translate the information being shared into their home language as needed